Wednesday 21 September 2011

September.....


September.......a time for reflection, observation and quiet.
I've been sketching, painting and creating, all in the cocoon that is my home! Surrounded by horses, cows, cats and other (tame) wildlife, my September worklist has been all about nature (and craft fairs!)
My most exciting news is that I have now been accepted into the Toymaker's Guild as a prototype designer. I am thrilled! Hopefully, the Guild will be able to give me much needed advice and support on all matters -toy!
I've been putting the finishing touches to a lovely new story book by a local author and in the spirit of things (and by pure luck!), have found a fabulous local printer to print the book for us!
After Christmas and Every Day card orders (started in August!!) have stopped coming in by the 'bucketload' and my new room plaque ideas (lovely personalised quirky canvases, painted from a photo) have taken off........
......Then I'm back to Little Monkey Murals for October Half Term for a spooky Halloween Workshop with renowned Author Julia Jarman. Celebrating, the Big Draw, I and some other amazing Bedford Illustrators will be running workshops throughout the day on Saturday, 22nd October in the Castle Quay area of Bedford and October culminates in a local Autumn Fair......for more canvas painting!
Exciting stuff! And no doubt, more news to come.........

No comments:

Post a Comment